Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SAHS Alumni Homecoming and Anniversary – Part 4: Success! Success! Success!... and Some Lessons to Consider



Here is Part 4/5 of my blog series about the recent SAHS Anniversary and Homecoming. To view the previous part of this series, just click here: A Vista of Inspirations.

The success of an event is usually measured by how people would react to it afterwards. Listen to what people would say about it, or in the case of facebook :), read their comments. For the recent Anniversary and Homecoming of St. Anthony’s High School, well, it is already one month and I am still blogging about it; and new pictures are still appearing on facebook - a pretty much obvious clue on the level of success this event has achieved.

For some reasons, not everyone was able to make the most out of this event. In my case,
I was not able to attend the afternoon jamming sessions, missed my batch’s afternoon videoke, and most unfortunately, the taste of my batch’s lechon. I was able to attend the Grand Alumni Night but went home early. I thought I have already made the most out of the event, but only learned the day after how much I have missed.

I came upon fellow alumni talking about what happened the night before. The type of information these guys  shared were so interesting I decided to record as much as I could.  Luckily, I was able to get the most out of what everyone had said. For the ith time, I have proven that we can learn more from people in minutes of friendly conversation, oftentimes over few bottles of beer, than in hours of formal and intellectual (kuno!) conversation in the conference room. Here is the video:



Well, some lessons worth considering the next time around:
  1. Moderate your drinking sprees or advance parties before the main event.
  2. For the organizers, one dance floor is better than two.
  3. Being able to sit down during the party is much better than standing the whole night.
I, myself, was standing and squatting the whole time I was in the party, along with fellow gentlemen in my batch. My batch ran out of seats but I’m not complaining. I was enjoying as much as everyone did. However, my concern is that not everyone may be as enduring as they once were in their previous years.

These are just very few things which we can consider as improvement opportunities. I believe that everyone has something helpful to say about the event. Please feel free to share comments or feedbacks in the comments section below. I strongly believe that what you have to say will be more than useful for the organizers and sponsoring batch for the next SAHS Alumni Homecoming.

To begin with, let me share one lesson from my side:

The next time around, I will bring my baby’s yaya so that Mr. and Mrs. Me could enjoy more and minimize the need of making excuses for leaving the party earlier than everyone else. :)

Your turn, is there any feedback about the event that you would like to share?