Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blog Commenting System and Site Loading Speed



For those who have been visiting this blog for the past few days, you might have noticed the changes that have been occurring to this blog. It was part of an attempt to speed up this blog for slow speed internet connection. Last week, we conducted a survey to determine how this blog is performing for its readers. One of the most important problems pointed out is the slow loading speed of this blog. I was suspecting it was the facebook comment plug-in that is causing the slow speed of this blog. I tried replacing it with disqus and intensedebate for a few days but they do not seem to improve the speed. Besides, I understand that many readers of this blog are facebook users so comment systems other than facebook’s make it inconvenient for users to share their views.

Without the commenting system, blog site loads relative fast. However, never did I consider completely removing the comment system as an option. Your comments are highly important for me to understand and learn from you. I’m still trying to find other ways to speed up this blog and improve your reading experience, especially those who have slow internet speed connection.

For the meantime, I will try to make my posts as short as possible in order not to take up so much time for the post to load.

Again, for the ith time, I would like to thank everyone who responded to the Anahawnons Blog Survey. For those who have not yet responded, the survey is still on-going and it would greatly help improve this blog if you can share your views and blog assessment by allotting one minute of your time to answer the survey. You can visit and answer the questionnaires here.

If you have anything to share about speeding up a blog or website, please leave me some comments below. Please consider also that I am not really a techie guy. I am just learning as I deal with each challenge encountered in this blog.