Sunday, December 26, 2010

Good Morning Anahawan, Goodbye Anahawan



The thing that bothers me about buying a round trip ticket for a vacation is that it reminds me that the good time being planned is also going to end soon. Even worse is that it could psyche one into a countdown towards the end of the vacation, the day to leave home again. I just wish that, someday, I would be able to go home without thinking of the day that I would leave again, or at least be able to stay there for as long as I wanted to.

Every time I would visit my hometown, Anahawan, Southern Leyte, for a vacation, there are at least 3 things that are almost like requisites for me to complete my visit: attending a mass at San Antonio Church or at least allotting some time at the church, a dip into the sea, and watching the sunrise early in the morning. These are, of course, aside from spending quality time with family and friends.

On the day of our departure from Anahawan, I realized that I already missed the sunrise during the whole duration of our vacation. So less than 2 hours before our departure, I took my camera to the sea hoping that I would at least be able to catch a glimpse of the rising sun, but with no luck. Nevertheless, the view of the gentle sea massaging the shore, the sounds of swashing waves, men chattering, birds flying by, and roosters crowing are enough elements that would make me say to myself "this is home, this is Anahawan".

Below is the video that I took. At 12 minutes, this video seems too long but since one would normally spend around 2 hours waiting, watching the sunrise, and enjoying its morning heat, I decided to just upload the whole 12 minutes of this video.

Good morning Anahawan.... Goodbye Anahawan.... See you soon....